January 22, 2014

Delusions, Fantasies, and Hallucinations

mirage
noun
1.    an optical phenomenon, especially in the desert or at sea, by which the image of some object appears displaced above, below, or to one side of its true position as a result of spatial variations of the index of refraction of air.
2.    something illusory, without substance or reality.
3.    any of a series of supersonic, delta-wing, multirole French fighter-bombers.

synonyms
illusion, fantasy, hallucination


I can't explain what the first definition means, and the third one is completely irrelevant, but the second one embodies the meaning I want to capture.

My thoughts are a mirage. Most of them are fantasies and hallucinations and me deluding myself. Once in a while, the mirage turns out to be a reality, but not very often. 

So here's a glimpse into my brain. My delusions, fantasies, and hallucinations, and maybe some of my realities as well, if we get lucky.

4 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued to see where you go and I'd love to follow you into this realm of dreams you seem to be orchestrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the vision you present with this. Also, I too started my intro post with a definition (two actually) so I think that is pretty radical and I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete