May 20, 2014

Falling Out of Love

It took me so long to realize this, but I'm not in love with you anymore. I haven't been for a while now. 
I'm not in love with you, I'm in love with the idea of you. I'm in love with the idea of being in love... 

I was in love with the idea of being in love with you. 
I was in love with the memories of you. 
I was in love with the idea of us being an us. 

But in the end, I was still only in love with an idea. I've realized that my feelings for you are just a mirage, and now I can walk right through them because there's nothing there, really. They're just a figment of my hallucinations. 
 
It still hurt a lot, but not as much as I expected, when you distanced yourself from me. It was wonderful while it lasted, but it's over now, and I can handle that, because after so long, I've finally fallen out of love. 

At long last, I am finally free.



Oh, and for the record, I'd like to stay that way.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. The wording is beautiful, and that picture is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, dear. Just brilliant. And that picture.

    ReplyDelete