May 13, 2014

Before It Ends

Before everything comes to a close
I want to kiss someone in the rain

Before the Earth falls apart
I want to hold hands on the porch while it thunders

Before I travel the endless road
I want to slow dance around the living room

Before the seasons stop changing
I want to go to Venice

Before the darkness reigns
I want to read poetry until I fall asleep

Before the elements vanish
I want to write poetry until I fall asleep

Before ruins are all that remain
I want to lose myself

Before embers float into emptiness
I want to cry until I have no tears left

Before fire and ice collide
I want to watch the lightning together

Before the moon collapses on itself
I want his arms around me as I cry

Before the green dies and the grey is born
I want to sit on the roof and watch the sun set

Before cinders and charcoal dust prevail
I want the wind to carry me

Before the mirrors shatter
I want to talk from dusk until dawn

Before man kills God
I want Him to heal me

Before the stars plummet into the sea
I want to hold you while snow falls around us

Before the clouds disintegrate into ash
I want to watch the stars on a warm summer night

Before the sky falls and the sun explodes
I want to smell the rain falling at night

Before it all ends
I want to be loved

3 comments:

  1. I like that I feel like this was a confession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to steal this for a writing prompt.

    Before (this happens), I want (this to happen).

    Great idea. Great format. Great execution.

    And yes. I read your rants when you click the link to get credit. Thank you for sharing. They're interesting.

    And yes. I don't comment on your blog as much because you're not in the class. Sorry man.

    ReplyDelete