February 14, 2014

Write me a love song

I won't believe you the first few times,
because you're just humoring me, 
but say it anyway
tell me anyway

tell me you'll write me a love song

tell me those three words
tell me I'm your reason
tell me that my love will be enough for you
tell me you'll be my shield, that you'll hold me when I can't breathe
tell me you've been searching to find me
tell me I'm the somebody you need
tell me you'll pick me up when I'm down

tell me I haven't missed my chance
tell me we can forgive each other
tell me I'm beautiful, that I'm worth knowing
tell me you think about me when I'm not around


tell me you love me


maybe if you tell me enough times
I'll eventually believe it

4 comments:

  1. "tell me I'm your reason" That spoke to me. I don't know why. So simple with so much meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "tell me I'm your reason" yeah, yeah I don't even.
    I just love it. Help, my words are spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the way this flows. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete