February 3, 2014

Spare a Thought for Me

Did you see the sky tonight? Right before the sun set.

It was magnificent, wasn't it? I didn't know if you noticed because I don't know if you pay attention to that sort of thing.

I was going to take a picture, but my camera wouldn't have done it justice. Not even close. Plus I would have needed a panoramic view. Which I don't have.

You saw that, too?! When the sun set in the west, but it was half-hidden behind those narrow clouds and kept throwing streaks of light through the sky. And to the south the sky was was a misty light purple instead of the blue-purple of before, and there were wispy clouds scattering their way all across the sky. Oh, that was beautiful, too, when the sky in the east seemed to reflect the sun's light from so far away. 

I can't believe you notice stuff like that, too... I thought I was the only weird one who did that.

The clouds hid the peaks of the mountains, and when I saw them I thought of you.

I'm still thinking about you. I can't get you out of my head. Or my heart.

And there's no good way to end this conversation, so...

Good night.


1 comment: